Thursday, April 19, 2012

Canon in D

I will miss a few things about my working life...

I like getting paid. I like having discretionary money and my own bank account. I like being able to check my email frequently, and I like having an abundance of office supplies at my fingertips. I have a really nice desk chair that has treated me well these past years. I like unlimited internet surfing with nobody tearing the computer out of my hands and running away with it.

And most of all, I like my copy machine.

I would take it with me if I could.

I don't think it's anything special, just a Canon ImageRUNNER according to its label, but I will miss it dearly. I love the crisp clear predictable printing, and the ability to do 11" x 14" posters IN COLOR! and labels and cardstock and transparencies. I got a big HP printer a year ago and while it will do the size, the quality is not even in the same ballpark. I love being able to scan ticket stubs, greeting cards, or old photos to help with my scrapbooking. I love being able to sign and return forms via scan/email rather than physical delivery. I suppose I could do that with my home printer, but it takes more than a quick flick of one button and will never seem the same.

I'll miss you Cannon. We had some good times.

No comments: