Thursday, January 14, 2010

Rocking and Re-Living...

Such excitement: I finally sat down and got my iPod up and running! Over the course of the past two nights I uploaded all of my cds into iTunes, briefly feared when I couldn't find half of them, cheered when they appeared, and fought off bountiful criticism of my musical taste from the evil hubby. Him: "Wow, you really are trapped in the 90's, aren't you." Me: "Is that supposed to be a bad thing?"

The only tragedy so far is that Everclear is missing, and I know my Dave Matthews Crash CD disappeared 10 years ago with my discman, though I still hold on to the liner notes. I have duplicate liner notes for Dixie Chicks and Counting Crows - but only one of each CD. Who knows what happened there...

For someone "trapped" in a musical past, I actually managed to fill my iPod pretty fully! I was surprised at how many CDs I had, and how I never really listen to any of them now (since high school, when we always had a "soundtrack" going) except in the car. Hopefully that will change. Next step is to learn how to make playlists, since the current flow is fairly schizophrenic. This morning I went from Ani DiFranco to Fozzie Bear. Both excellent artists in their own right, but not exactly a seamless transition. But listening to my high school orchestra performance in between Avril Lavigne and Reel Big Fish really cracks me up...

No comments: