Thursday, September 09, 2010

Today I will be happy, dammit.

I had a remarkably crabby day yesterday (there was much discussion of stabbing someone with my letter opener, but somehow bloodshed was avoided) and in an attempt to create a much more tolerable day today, I'm pulling out all the stops to manufacture happiness:

- wearing a new sweater ($9 on the clearance rack at Motherhood)

- wearing new (to me) corduroy pants ($4.99 at Goodwill!)

- accessorized with blue sparkly necklace (bling = happiness) and striped socks

- looking forward to the cheesy but addicting "Vampire Diaries" season premier tonight

- put together the rest of my new dining set last night! The table looks fab, went together very easily, and I can't wait to start using it.

- lunch with Dad! And on a day I forgot/was too lazy to scavenge for something to bring!

- hubby and I caught up on the MOUNTAIN of laundry we had accumulated. It's still not put away, but at least it is a CLEAN mountain now

And I'm spending my morning looking at all the cute things on Etsy that I covet for my Pirates & Mermaids themed nursery, such as:


Walk the Plank print on vintage dictionary page from Etsy seller Winterberrycottage:



I love this because it fits the theme, but also because books and reading are so important to my husband and I (both English majors), and we hope that same joy will be found by our little one.

I have always been fascinated by these folded stars, we had some on our Xmas tree when I was growing up - how fun are they for a mobile?



From Etsy seller Starcraft, I'm drawn to this even though it doesn't necessarily fit the theme, the colors are so great and bright. Plus, compared to shaped mobiles which are ridiculously expensive, this seems much more my speed!

This melts my heart a little:



Mermaid Hugs print from Etsy Seller RubysBrush, it's just too sweet for words. I actually have a couple other mermaid prints I bought YEARS ago that I'm excited to find and frame for the nursery as well - I'm thinking ornate thrift store frames could be really fun.

I haven't bought anything yet, but just the "window" shopping and planning is fun. Plus, How could I be in a bad mood after looking at such pretty things?

Here's hoping your day is bright and bearable...

H.

No comments: