Thursday, July 22, 2010

What's that smell?


I get very annoyed when a product I like is discontinued, especially one I'm very particular about. I tend to solve this by HOARDING such products - i.e. if I find a shirt I like, I buy it in every color, which may or may not make it look like I wear a uniform and have no originality, but hey - it works for me...when I have the budget to do it. Which is not often. When my shampoo was discontinued I even wrote a strongly-worded letter to Herbal Essence...who basically told me "wow, it's too bad you didn't buy more then, because nobody else liked it..." I detest trying out new body products. And I've been jonesing for some body spray for quite a while.

Also, now more than ever (with my super-hero strength sense of smell) I find scents to be a battle...floral and perfume scents make me ill, as do musks and herbals, and the only genre that I seem to still tolerate are fruit smells. But all of the "good ones" have been discontinued in the B&BW stores. My own supply had been exhausted months ago, and I'd just had to settle for smelling like dog and KFC ever since. Conundrum?

No! Because you can order retired fragrances online, and with the buy 2 get 1 free special I got in on, my shipping was essentially free! My order arrived yesterday, a fresh stock of Strawberry Lemonade, Coco Cabana, and Pink Grapefruit. I was sad not to find peach, which might be my all time favorite, but this should keep me less stinky for the immediate future - yet everything is light enough for my uber-nose to tolerate. YAY for indulging my self a tiny bit! Also, these are likely to come in handy when I stop showering and roll myself in baby vomit and old milk. Then at least it will be lightly fruit scented baby vomit and old milk...maybe I should patent that...

No comments: