Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Cupcakes with "The Cupcake"

Today marks 31 weeks in the oven for my little Cupcake! Whoa, where has time gone? I'm a little scared to acknowledge that I'm feeling pretty good (knock on wood), and definitely still better than during my elongated 1st trimester. I'm only up about 10 lbs over my "normal" weight, which is baffling, since my belly is all I see when I look in the mirror. I've acquired a new unpleasant symptom - morning leg cramps - which actually drove me to the doctor today for a quick unplanned check up (not a blood clot, it was just such a bad cramp that I'm still limping 4 days later). The heartburn is taking a toll, I don't have much energy... but guess what is right around the corner? My BFF is throwing us a shower!


(edited for privacy - sorry, stalkers)


She made each invitation a little different, and in a rainbow of colors, this is mine. She even mailed it to me like a "real" guest. I love getting mail. And aren't they ADORABLE?!?!? Martha would totally approve. Onesies and baby t-shirts + cupcakes = complete cute overload. The shower will be a dessert buffet (hooray! and yay again for passing the glucose test!)...and that's all I know! She's keeping me totally in the dark. Last time I asked her a question about it, she said I was officially cut off, and had to show up and be surprised :)

I am so excited to be a guest at a party! I even have a cute dress to wear, and lil' sis is coming into town, so it should be an exciting weekend. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Al, you are the greatest.

No comments: