Monday, August 01, 2011

Eleven - it's a supersized #1...

Go big or go home, that's what I always say!

I don't think I've ever said that, actually.

At least not in the context of planning one excursion after the next and running all weekend long. I'm not even sure how we accomplished it, really, but in the end it was a great weekend.

After our mini vacation Thursday - Saturday, I had planned to use Sunday to catch up on laundry, dishes, sleep (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha)...instead, we decided to do one more family day together, and trekked out to the Mall of America. We did a lot of window shopping, I bought an overpriced but excellent and unique photo display that I promised to use for a million different things (you will definitely see it here as part of the shower I'm throwing in 2 weeks!). The Cupcake fell asleep just long enough for us to have a quick lunch at the Wolfgang Puck Express, followed by a "celebration brownie" at the Tollhouse Cookie/Edy's Ice Cream stand. We browsed all 3 levels of shops, and somehow still had some energy left as the stores were starting to close up, so we headed across the street to IKEA for a little more unintentional shopping.

Oops.

We did a LOT more damage than intended there, but it should be all good choices in the long run. Our current high chair just isn't working out (why do first time moms even try to make registries? WTF did I know about what would be good baby-raising items?), and although she won't be in it for long, feeding takes up such a big chunk of my day now that I'm willing to try something new. Hoping this works a little better:


We got it in red :)

Also, I'd been meaning to pick up a nightlight for TC's room, and I've been smitten with this fixture for a while, so I finally decided to go for it. Turns out it's a little bright, and I might end up going for the smaller one instead, but it sure is FUN! We picked up a few things we've been meaning to get but never seem to get around to - a pizza cutter (ours disappeared about a year ago, no idea where) and a new silverware organizer (it might be the only organizational tool hubby has EVER requested). Then there were a few serving pieces for the shower (TBA!) and of course 3 boxes of swedish cookies...by the time we got home all 3 of us were ready for bed :)

No comments: